Wonder Boys Movie Review By: Ethan Trinh

I felt so raw and precise! Amazing performance from Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey Jr, Katie Holmes, and the legendary Michael Douglas! Every bit of each scene was surreal... in a good way. 
Also loved how its subjected on writing and books as forth I wrote some books in the past and an avid reader. One can absolutely relate if they write. Books, movies, short films, music, anything. Writing is a beautiful thing and another concept of storytelling. It's wild how Michael Douglas, Robert Downey Jr, Tobey Maguire is in this movie because they worked with Marvel, in different trilogies and or franchises. But, here was when they started coming together, it was great. The acting was real natural, the cinematography was stellar, the direction was right on point. It's unbelievable how this film is based off an actual book written by Michael Chabon. Katie Holmes plays this witty college girl whose friends with Tobey Maguire's character, James Leer. She's also sexual attracted to their professor played by Michael Douglas, his character is named Grady Tripp. Robert Downey Jr shows up with a lady, not just an ordinary woman.. it was a man in a dress and a wig. Nothing wrong with that, it was the start of everything about sexual orientation. This movie was first out in 2000, but anyhow... his character, Terry Crabtree is buddies with Grady Tripp. He eventually falls for James Leer, I did not expect that happening. I gave the book of this film to my cousin as a gift, I still prefer the movie over the book. Don't get me wrong, I think the book could be sensational... I just dig the movie more. This is a rare early 2000's movie, a gem you may say. I highly recommend it to anyone whose into writing. But, be warned-- there's a scene or two that may be uncalled for. 



Rating: 10/10 👏👏 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Good Will Hunting Movie Review By: Ethan Trinh

The Breakfast Club Movie Review By: Ethan Trinh